Atlantic Management Resources has partnered with a Professional General Contracting and Full-service Construction Management company to locate a Senior Estimator for their West Palm Beach location.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Estimator to join a fast growing company with a great corporate culture and a phenomenal opportunity for career growth.
- · Prepare and/or supervise the preparation of estimates in accordance with the approved procedure for all phases of the work from the agreed engineering deliverables to the appropriate level of accuracy.· Carry out validation and verification of the estimates using high-level norms and by comparing with previous estimates, outcome costs, and vendor prices.· Develop forms, formats, and procedures to improve the quality of work produced in the Department.· Develop a key vendor list to ensure the database of subcontractors and suppliers is current.· Coordinate estimates for proposals as related to the cost of pre-construction.
- · Manage time and cost of pre-construction services based on budget quoted by Estimating Manager.
- · Develop cost format that facilitates owner’s needs for information using company selected software
- · Attend pre-construction meetings and provide kick-off sheet meeting minutes to estimating staff to begin the estimating process.
- · Review contract documents and modifications to determine the scope of work and scope of changes.
- · Prepare rationale statements to support the estimate identifying areas of weakness and or areas of risk.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required in ground-up, and commercial interior construction. Retail construction experience is a plus
- General Contracting industry experience preferred
- Prior Procurement experience required
- Financial acumen
- Excellent written, verbal communication & mathematical skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic in a highly demanding environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple projects at any given time
Job Salary & Bonus:
- Base Salary: $120K – $150K
- Bonus: Based on individual and company performance
- Great benefits that include robust health plan and 401K with match